A Pound of Butter – WYGIWYG – What You Give Is What You Get!
There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to the baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting a pound and he found that he was not. This angered him and he took the farmer to court.
The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure. The farmer replied, “I am primitive. I don’t have a proper measure, but I do have a scale.”
The judge asked, “Then how do you weigh the butter?”
The farmer replied “Your Honor, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker.”
What is the moral of the story? We get back in life what we give to others.
Whenever you take an action, ask yourself this question: Am I giving fair value for the wages or money I hope to make?
Honesty and dishonesty become a habit. Some people practice dishonesty and can lie with a straight face. Others lie so much that they don’t even know what the truth is anymore.
But who are they deceiving?
Themselves— more, Than anyone else.
- Why its Important to Sharpen Your Skills – Short Story Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job with a timber merchant, and he […]
- Sand and Stone (story) Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had […]
- The Hare and the Tortoise – Story Continues I am sure we have all heard the story of the Hare and the Tortoise and we have grown up […]
- It Is A Crow An Inspirational Story
An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along […]
- The Wooden Bowl – Candle of Hope, Love and Friendship Perhaps, you will remember the tale of the Wooden Bowl tomorrow, a week from now, a […]
- A Love Story – Salty Coffee He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he was […]
- Everything Happens for Good Whatever happens with us, happens according to God's will and happens for our good. This […]
- Love, Wealth and Success – Choose One If there are Love, Wealth and Success, which one would you choose? Following short story […]
- Why A Heart Surgeon Gets the Big Money A mechanic was removing the cylinder heads from the motor of a car when he spotted the […]
- Happiest People Don’t Have the Best of Everything A group of graduates, highly established in their careers, got together to visit their […]