Why its Important to Sharpen Your Skills – Short Story
Once upon a time a very strong woodcutter asked for a job with a timber merchant, and he got it. His salary was really good and so were the working conditions. For that reason, the woodcutter was determined to do his best. His boss gave him an axe and showed him the area where he was supposed to fell the trees. The first day, the woodcutter brought down 15 trees.
” Congratulations,” the boss said. ” Carry on with your work!”
Highly motivated by the words of his boss, the woodcutter tried harder the next day, but he only could bring 10 trees down. The third day he tried even harder, but he was only able to bring down 7 trees.
Day after day he was bringing lesser number of trees down.
“I must be losing my strength”, the woodcutter thought. He went to the boss and apologized, saying that he could not understand what was going on.
“When was the last time you sharpened your axe?” the boss asked.
” Sharpen? I had no time to sharpen my axe. I have been very busy trying to cut trees…”
That’s right. Most of us NEVER update our skills. We think that whatever we have learned is very much enough. But good is not good when better is expected. Sharpening our skills from time to time is the key to success.
- The Hare and the Tortoise – Story Continues I am sure we have all heard the story of the Hare and the Tortoise and we have grown up […]
- A Pound of Butter – WYGIWYG – What You Give Is What You Get! There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to the baker. One day the baker decided to […]
- Sand and Stone (story) Two friends were walking through the desert. During some point of the journey, they had […]
- It Is A Crow An Inspirational Story
An 80 year old man was sitting on the sofa in his house along […]
- The Wooden Bowl – Candle of Hope, Love and Friendship Perhaps, you will remember the tale of the Wooden Bowl tomorrow, a week from now, a […]
- A Love Story – Salty Coffee He met her on a party. She was so outstanding, many guys chasing after her, while he was […]
- Love, Wealth and Success – Choose One If there are Love, Wealth and Success, which one would you choose? Following short story […]
- Everything Happens for Good Whatever happens with us, happens according to God's will and happens for our good. This […]
- Why A Heart Surgeon Gets the Big Money A mechanic was removing the cylinder heads from the motor of a car when he spotted the […]
- No Pain No Gain This is a short story graphically described with moral of "No Pain, No Gain". Very […]